Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Subway was go-o-od

But home now and things have calmed down a little.  You're right, Beth, about the cold weather coming.  It has been really cold around here.  Right now the house is at 66 degrees, but we can't turn the furnace on, as it's still September.  The two little quilts we throw over the bed when it's cold just aren't cutting it anymore, so yesterday I bit the bullet and put one of my two large quilts on the bed.  It looks fine, and we were both warmer last night.  These two quilts are larger, and more finely done, and worth a lot of money.  But they are only worth something if there is a buyer.  The one I put on the bed is 109" square.  Yes, it's huge and covers the bed very nicely.  It has 13 intricately hand appliqued blocks, a hand appliqued outer border, some pieced sashing in the centre. and is hand quilted.  I estimate that it's worth at least $2500.  But better on my bed than rolled up in my closet!  I will wallow in it's warmth.

We don't have the veggies and fruit that you two do, so things are a little quieter around here.  We saw preserving jars on sale in Walmart today--$7.00/doz.  I guess I was pretty lucky to get $5.00/doz at the garage sale last spring--although those were jelly jars.

With some of the money I got from the silver, I bought two cd's off Amazon.  Only one has arrived, and it was a bit of a disappointment.  The music was good, but the sound quality was poor.  It was one I had many years ago that became damaged, so had to go.  I certainly hope the other one is better, and quite look forward to getting it.  This is all part of my agenda of trying to reduce stress in my life.  I have also started playing some of my older cds, and it seems to make it a little better.  Music has always modified my emotional state.

But now it appears to be poker time.  Have a good evening, and everyone keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment