Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Crazy day

Monday, we got a notice that our water would be turned off from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, on Wednesday.  Oh Joy!  On Monday I also managed to get through to my dentist and arranged for an appointment for noon today, to have my teeth cleaned . Well, that'll get us out of the house for a bit while the water is off. I worked hard yesterday, to get all of the important things done, and we filled our big pots with water before bed.  The morning was going well, We slept a little later, and were eating a leisurely breakfast, when, about 10:00, the phone rang.  It was the dentist's office letting me know that I would have to take massive doses of antibiotic one hour before the cleaning could be done, because of the recent ( less than 2 years) history of knee replacement surgery.  They could phone our pharmacy, and we could pick it up, or we could get to the office an hour early and they would supply the pills.  The office is way over on the other side of town.  We rushed around like fiends and got there with minutes to spare.  While there the dentist suggested that I change my brand of toothpaste and use a different type of toothpick (say what?).  So off to Walmart on the way home, (Ka-a-a-ching!) despite the construction every where.

By that time it was 2:00 and we hadn't had lunch, so off to McDonald's.  This time we had to deal with computerized ordering without any assistance, but we did it.  And then we waited.  The computer sure hasn't improved service in our neighbourhood!!  It is now almost 3:00, so a quick stop at Starbuck's, and home to watch the premier episode of Highway Through Hell. ( Missed it last night) As we walked in, the phone rang, and my friend Gail said she was coming to town, and did I want to go out for coffee.  We chatted for a moment, with some really strange noises in the background, then she told me she was riding her bicycle down the highway, and the noise was the semis passing her by.  We decided to do coffee another time.  As I hung up David came to tell me that we still didn't have any water.

It's now 5:00.  We finally have water, but at this stage, the thought of starting to cook supper is a joke. But we did find some Subway coupons, so it looks like we're heading out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment