Friday, September 23, 2016

Looking for more rocks, and leaves falling...

I love the Google cartoons - never really know when they will pop up - often I don't know the reference of celebration but then you can go onto google to read about it.  I have my own leaves falling outside now, though, so as I walk about, I see the yellowish, reddish leaves fluttering to the ground just waiting to be raked up. And the trees are turning rather quickly in last week.The weather predictions are for a long Fall and gentle Winter until the end when it shall turn vicious.Great!
We are creating a new garden area - apparently we need more growing space. The top end of the garden was in raspberries and rhubarb, and a peony and other nice perennial flowers. Two tree pine trees left much shade causing ground planting not to grow,  So, the raspberries were transplanted, as was the rhubarb, and horseradish, and the peony and then the two trees cut back to a three foot stump, onto each was placed a bird feeder.  The ground has been rota tilled and bags of soil and fertilizer dumped on.  I was in the midst of doing the "fine" weeding yesterday, when the rains came. Changes the appearance at the front - a little less privacy from my perspective, but then who has any interest in what we do right?
Update - on Mike and Erin  (are you at all interested?haha) They called while driving back to North Bay last evening after having had the Inspector do a thorough going over . Mike was very happy - he was worried about the house not being as it should for the price they paid but after the Inspection and speaking with Inspector, all his worries have been removed. There was a complete renovation three years ago - even the roof apparently. Everything is new. I have volunteered to do cleaning - either in old apt after the move, or maybe in the new house once closing occurs (Mike suggested this option haha).  
Well, I'm hoping for an easy day today - poor Harry is in bed with gout again, so maybe won't be so gungho? I will want to go the Library, and the Lottery Store, but other than that stay in.   I have made an appt for our Kitten at the Vet for Sx on Oct 4. He will have to stay overnight apparently. He is to be NPO overnight of the 3rd- how will I manage that? Poor little thing won't know what hit him.
Have a good Friday and countdown to the weekend. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment