Sunday, September 25, 2016

Ups and downs

Because of the cold, wet, weather Jim had Saturday off.  He insisted that we go to Brandon.  I wasn't keen on it, but he had a secret agenda.  He had decided to buy me a tv with some of his earnings.  I have been using his old rear projection massively large (48 inch) tv upstairs.  It sometimes works.  He bought me a 32 inch smart tv.  it is a much better sise for my small living room and I can watch Netflix on it.  I watched Star Wars: The force awakens on Saturday.  We also got new phones.  I wasn't sure if my new phone was any better, but when I was talking to Keri she noted that I had been running all over the house and we never lost reception so I guess it works!  And, we bought a new shower head!!   (all of $17.58)  Why we didn't do it sooner I have no idea.  I had a really nice shower tonight.  Jim isn't working tomorrow (the ground is too wet from the over 2 inches of rain we got) so I can sleep in until 6:30.  Yippee! And Jim is going to cook supper (Pot roast)  Sometimes life is really good.  Meanwhile I have to figure out my new phone.  It is more powerful than my computer!  That is a little bit scary.  I even have "Siri" on it.  I can talk to her and she will solve my problems.  Jim got her to locate a website for him and it came up almost as soon as he asked.  It also has finger print recognition for unlocking it.  And what is really scary is that this in not the newest phone to be realeased.  It is old enough to be free with our new contract.  I wonder what the new phones do?

No comments:

Post a Comment