Saturday, September 24, 2016

Not a nice day here

Cold, windy, and wet.  Made us discuss winter tires while we were out for my coffee.  Also made me look at coffee buying in the future. I can't see the two of us climbing in a car, driving to Starbucks and then turning around and driving home.

Buying a house is such an adventure.  Heart-stopping suspense,  constant worry--and then the whole life changing act of actually making the move.  Best to do when you're young.  I sure wouldn't want to face it now.  I'm glad to hear that they've chosen something that has recently been renovated, and that they used to services of an inspector.  We had to make a quick decision with this one, or lose it.  I sometimes believe that we should have either had an inspector or walked away.  We sure have poured money into it--and it's still not absolutely correct, or even truly up to code.  But it's ours, and we love it.  I now realize that, while our previous house was intended as our retirement home, we would not have been happy there, at this stage of our lives.

Meanwhile, it sounds as though you two, Beth, are pouring your souls into your garden.  From the pictures you send, and the way you speak of it, it appears to be close to your heart.  If so, then it's time well spent.

David plans to watch a football game this afternoon, so I may actually be able to get some sewing done.  There's lots on my list, or should I say "game plan".  

I picked up the latest Gamache book at the library Thursday evening, but couldn't get to it until yesterday afternoon.  Yep, finished it this morning.  Such a pleasure to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment