Friday, September 30, 2016

Friday, already?

Always loved Fridays - takes me back to my working days I guess. It was a nice feeling to know it was a Friday.  Well, maybe now it doesn't have the same effect as one day seems to meld with another, but it's still Friday so lets celebrate!
The lady from the Log House called last evening - they are up again from the south and have Honey Crisp apples this time.  I like the taste of Honey Crisps so we may drive out and get some.  Not that we need apples that is!  I promised her a bag of our recent dried apple frenzy.
I did some actual down and dirty housework yesterday - you know the stuff where you are down on your knees scrubbing the floor kind.  This morning my arthritis is very active - sore and knuckles inflamed. And my foot is acting up after being not so bad lately. Perhaps I can claim that housework is detrimental to my well being?  No, I guess I'll have to continue with my plan to vacuum the rest of the floors today.  Too bad.
I'll go to the library as well to take out another book.  I am almost finished KISSES with Stone Barrington at his best (?) and don't want to be stuck over weekend without a backup.
Last day of September today, and once October comes round my thoughts are really into Winter prep.  Of course, there is Hallowe'en to get ready for so we''ll buy candy and bag it up. Yesterday Harry came home from the dump store with a boxed little fibre lighted Christmas tree - works perfect and in good condition. So I am thinking ahead to Christmas and seriously thinking this table top tree might fit the bill for this year (instead of trying to dig out the big tree?) Hard to imagine just a year ago I was all aflutter about comng to Winnipeg. What great memories of it all. Is it enough to get me through this year here at home? 
Well, time for coffee and reflection before the day starts.  Hope you all have plans of some sort that will keep you happy and busy?   Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment