Tuesday, March 28, 2017

A bit of excitement

The grow-op next door had a delivery.  It was a very large flat-bed truck with all sorts of shiny metal industrial equipment on it, nicely wrapped in plastic.  We took a couple of pictures, and then started phoning various city departments.  As far as we know our neighbourhood is zoned residential, not industrial, and this was obviously industrial equipment.  I ended up talking to a man from zoning enforcement who told me that the federal government has jurisdiction over medical marijuana , and that as far as he knew, there was absolutely nothing they could do. Well, s--t, and lots of other bad words. 

Then came the letter from CRA telling us that our tax refund was being deposited into our chequeing account.  So hurry off to the bank.  Nope, not there yet.  ( I wasn't expecting it until, at least, Friday)  Ah well, excitement for a minute or two.

Got my coffee and came home.  I have spoken about "wasting" time over the past few days, and there are certainly things I could be doing, but as I sat there drinking coffee and reading a silly science fantasy novel, I realized that I am content.  It may not last, and that's okay, but for today, I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment