Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Reminiscing

I can't remember having snow days when we were young.  Snow days for a working mother were to be dreaded.  Stat holidays were a bonus, because that's when we had time to do housework.  Now they barely register as one day is very much like the rest-except for "payday" when we pay bills and grocery shop.  I think my kids were short changed in some ways, but they turned out okay--a testament to having responsibility young.

Pets.  It now appears that everyone in my family has pets except me.  Notice the plural.  Amber told us yesterday that they have acquired a young female black Lab to replace the female Golden lab that they recently lost.  This goes along with their older Black Lab and two cats. Cathy has cats and dogs.  Beth has a menagerie.  Even Loren has his cat-Mickey- although there is some confusion about whether Loren owns Mickey or Mickey owns Loren.  I miss having an animal.  It was a conscious decision not to, when we were doing so much travelling.  Now we have to consider that any pet we acquire would be likely to out live us, and that has a lot of potential pitfalls.  I don't think either of us would enjoy having the responsibility of having a dog.  We're just not mobile enough.  So give your "little ones" a snuggle for me.

Quiet day today.  We have the wind that Cathy is sending out way.  Just imagine--4 below with a wind chill of minus 25.  so we are staying inside and playing internet poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment