Friday, March 10, 2017

Pondering the weekend - cold temperatures.

So we are heating the greenhouses with not only the electric heaters but also the propane heaters - temps are in the minus twenties for the next few nights with wind chill. Not pleasant but I just have to "let it ride...."
Pati, we know what Cathy is up to, and we know what Beth is up to, so what will Pati be doing over the weekend?
I started to sort through some of the little plastic storage units I have in the sewing room looking for the iron on patches that I know I have.  I checked every store in Sundridge without luck - apparently no one knows what iron on patches are anymore?
Luck was with me at home though - I found them but in the meantime I have created quite a mess of all the other stuff I have accumulated over the years. Disheartening I suppose to see all this potential and know it will never materialize. eg embellishments of all kinds, and ribbons, and beads etc. But I also find some pleasure in just seeing it, and organizing it. I found a bag of "assorted needlework threads" that you gave me Pati on one of my trips.  So I took the time to sort them out and organize as to type and colour and put into a special box. It will just sit there but I know I have it.
Yesterday Daisy told me that her purse had been taken - with all her money, and cards and cheques etc.So I went over, did a little snooping around best I could under the circumstances. Then I took her to the bank to get a new card ordered, she got some cash, and four printed cheques to have on hand.  I had taken one of my old purses with a wallet inside for her to use in the meantime.  It is not easy to deal with.....
Well, must go for now. Lots to do, as Harry is not feeling well and in bed today. I have to get things ready to go to Mike's tomorrow, and keep an eye on the greenhouses.  Are you getting sick of me talking about the greenhouses, yet?  Well, it lets me vent a bit in my own way, so keep listening OK?  XX

No comments:

Post a Comment