Thursday, March 9, 2017

Back to work

I made it into work about 10 am on Wednesday.  We had to dig ourselves out of our yard. It might not have been so much effort if we had noticed the shear pin was broken on one side of the snowblower.  No wonder it was hard to move.   I'm not used to all that exercise.  I fell asleep on the couch, got up at 10 and went to bed.  Woke up at 5 the next morning.  I know Jim made some French Fries for supper but I can't tell you if I ate any or not.  I guess that means I should exercise more often.  Our highway wasn't open when we went in, but it opened late in the afternoon.  It is still ice covered today.  Elizabeth spent 2 nights in a hotel in Neepawa.  She couldn't get home to Minnedosa.   This is the first time that I have missed work because of the weather.  There were a couple of times that I was already on holidays when the storm hit but this was just weather.  I should have done housework, but I watched curling instead.  Oh well.  I hope the roads are better for tomorrow.  We are leaving for The Pas to play crib. We play Sunday morning so won't be home until later on Sunday night.   And the clocks go forward.  We may be playing at 9am but my body is going to be saying 8am.  Time to pretend to work.  I'll let you know how we make out in The Pas.  We are only in teams, so our progress depends on all four of us winning our games.

No comments:

Post a Comment