Thursday, March 23, 2017

The "Melt"

The snow is going quickly.  We, again, have a lake in the backyard.  Seeing it made me think about the time we had a huge lake in the backyard, sharing it with the neighbour across the back.  There was a lot of flooding in the area, and we wanted to buy a little submersible pump and there were none to be had, anywhere in the city.  Cathy found us one in a hardware store in Neepawa and shipped it down by bus.  It turned out to be a "Godsend" for both us and the neighbour.  We still have the pump, but I don't think we'll need it this year.  And there's lots of geese around--everywhere.  Looks like another good year for geese.  Darren once told me that they are smart enough to know that they won't get hunted in the city.  True, I guess, unless you count the number of them that appear to commit suicide by wandering around on the roads.

Finished cleaning the stove this morning, and David re-siliconed the bathtub.  We found an area where a gap had formed, where the tub and tile meet, so knew we would have to take care of it pdq, before water got in.

The rest of the day was pretty well wasted.  We read, and went out for coffee, but not much more.  I've been working on a beading project, but now, have to admit, I'm in wa-a-ay over my head!  It is going to be very heavy, and I can't figure out how I will ever be able to mount it or display it.  Still, it keeps me off the streets, and I have the beads etc so all I have to add is my time.  And while I'm doing the "donkey" work, I can plan my next project, which is going to be a tree of some sort, worked on a piece of cotton I "rusted" earlier this week.

But this evening, I will probably waste more time with poker or more reading.  I'm still working my way through all of the books by David Handler that I can get from the library.  I'm into the third one of the series he has written, and, again, it is very different from either of the other two.  A little grittier, and much more cynical.

No comments:

Post a Comment