Monday, March 6, 2017

The day has come.

David finally stated quite firmly that some of my pants were past their prime and had to go. ( He's been sneaking up and pulling them down when I don't expect it, but I guess he didn't think I got the hint.)  Over the past couple of months, I've been getting discount cards from the two stores where I've been shopping, and I was saving these to use on my birthday, but today turned out to be the day.  With the help of the coupons and the spring sales that are on, we made out like bandits.  More importantly, I found bras.  I haven't bought any bras since Beth visited and we went down to the States with Amber.  Some of my bras are well over 20 years old and a little stretched out ( a lot stretched out).It was certainly time to buy more, and I've been looking for while.  We had thought that it might mean another trip to Fargo. But, we found some lovely ones in one store, but they only had two in my size.  She checked in other stores, as they won't be getting any more in, and found 3 in Edmonton.  David told her to have them sent here! The price was certainly right, especially when they were buy one, get one, as they were considered "old" stock.  I also got a very pretty T-shirt there, and at an excellent sale price. Then we went to a  second store, for trousers.  I found three pair of trousers, on sale, and--more bras!  So we bought two more.  Again, thanks to three $$off coupons, from that store, we saved a bundle.

I had been paid well for teaching on Saturday, and had bought home kit fees as well, so this isn't as much "spur of the moment", as it may sound.  I'm certainly getting spoiled.  So now, I have to stay home and behave for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment