Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Sit and wait

We picked up my piece at the physio clinic this morning, so the only thing on my studio agenda is picking up my pieces in Selkirk on Saturday and the beading class I'm teaching on Saturday.  Do you sense a double booking there?  We'll deal with it.  I've just about have my last beading sample ready--it should be done my lunch time today.  And I have reviewed and revised not only the class handout, but my teaching notes as well.  Other than packing up everything on Friday, there isn't any more I can do.

Beth, what you're now talking about with Daisy sounds like a lot more than you originally signed up for.  Wasn't it just to take her to church on Sundays, when this started?  Now you're looking at daily phone calls and church on Feast days as well, with a bit of running errands thrown in.  But, it does get you an outing, and some socialization with other than family.  We need that sort of thing.

After picking up my piece this morning, we stopped for my daily coffee.  There is a different crew on earlier in the day, and I got a thank you for the bookmarks I gave them instead of a tip. This short conversation is often the only outside of the family socialization I get.  The cup of coffee is a nice way to start the day, as well. Usually I get it later in the afternoon.

I talked about seeing the geese yesterday. This morning I noticed that Dairy Queen is open now.  I guess that, even if we have a couple more blizzards, spring may actually come this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment