Friday, March 24, 2017

I wish "the melt"...

This morning freezing rain and snow is what I see and feel outside my door. The school buses cancelled again and calls to the radio station from folks on the road paint a poor picture for conditions. I know that soon I shall have melting and then have to deal with those associated problems, but I am tired of this snow and colder temps.  I know that soon I shall also have to get the sump pumps back in action as well - that has to wait until the greenhouse heaters are no longer in use as I only have two outlets in the house I can use, otherwise blow the fuses. Ain't life grand?
I am eating leftover pizza for my breakfast this morning - this is truly my comfort food of choice. Cathy's pizza recipe wins me over every time, and it is so easy to make.  Yesterday I made a new recipe for pork chops in the slow cooker - it turned out nice and I enjoyed that as well. We have lots of pork chops to use up so I'm looking for any of your tried and true recipes, please.
Pati I asked about David Handler books at my Library and they have none - I would have to order again.  So for now I'm trying some other authors and their new publications eg Steve Berry and his newest The 14th Colony . But I am also watching DVD s again on the little portable machine. A  year or two ago Mike gave me the first three seasons of Arrow as a gift and I am into that now - it will be a long haul - the first season has 5 discs and I am only just finished the first disc. But I am enjoying it again - thanks to Pati who got me onto it in the first place.  The best part is that I can actually see the picture now - when I tried years ago to watch on the TV the reception was so poor that I could barely see what was going on.
Well here's to another day. I bought a Lottery ticket for tonight's Lotto Max and totally expect to win the millions and millions of dollars. haha!   Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment