Friday, April 28, 2017

A couple of lost days

Sorry to have been out of communication, but the past couple of days have been unusual. Wednesday we had planned to pay our bills, and then go grocery shopping.  Over breakfast, David complained of having dizzy spells.  He had been quite "out of sorts", the previous evening, so, when he suggested that he needed to see a doctor, I took him into Urgent Care. We spent most of the day there, getting an EKG, a CT scan, blood work, and a fairly extensive physical exam of reflexes--more than I had seen before.  They diagnosed a series of small stokes, and the plan is to refer him to a neurologist, and a Stroke Prevention program. We managed to get the bills paid, on the way home, and after some supper, he appeared fine (F.I.N.E.??). By then the day was shot, and we were both ready for bed.  

Thursday, I had an appointment to discuss the research I had done for the local Seniors' group on craft sales and bake sales, with the Executive Director of the organization, and then we started our shopping.  While we were in Walmart I stopped at the hairdressing area, as my hairdresser had lost her job, and is now working there.  I wanted to make an appointment, and check to see if there was any way she could continue to see David. Well, she was available, the air seemed clear, so I fed him a Benadryl, ( I didn't have any Claritin with me)and he got his hair cut.  I had mine cut too, and by the time we finished it was into the afternoon.

While in Walmart, I had done some price comparison on the "over-the-counter" supplements we buy, (as directed by our doctor), and it looked good.  But, we weren't able to get all, and the bill was still over $99.  This is usually hidden in our overall grocery bill, and the total was a bit of a shock.  Maybe back today, to pick up the last few items.

Then in the evening, my friend Gail, came over and treated both of us to take-out pizza, and then she and I spent the evening culling the many, many photos she has, with a the goal of narrowing the choice down, so she can chose some for publication, in a couple of special interest magazines.  Congratulations Gail!!

So today, I won't be washing windows, but I will be washing clothes and bedding.  We have a little more shopping to do.  I have to plan some menus, which means going through the freezers.  We have food that needs to be used or thrown out, as this spring I do want to clean out both freezers,--while you ladies are washing your windows, maybe.  I think I've given up on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment