Monday, April 10, 2017

Siblings and the dentist

I did not know we had a special day, either.  Thank you for letting us know, Cathy.

I, too, will be spending time at the dentist tomorrow, dealing with a small filling, found when I had my teeth cleaned, as well as investigating a cracked crown.  I can afford the filling, probably not the crown.  

Had the first fellow around to give the estimate on the roof, today.  He told us that we would probably start getting leaks within the year, if the singles weren't replaced.  He also mentioned that this is a huge problem around here, with shingles not being up to standard.  Evidently this has affected an entire development in the area, and has been such a problem, that it's the focus of a large class-action law suit.  He told us that he could arrange to have our name added to the suit, and maybe, at some time in the future, we might get as much as $100.  We have a call in to another fellow, but haven't heard from him yet.  Loren was going to ask Sheila for a recommendation, and we're still waiting to hear back on that, as we wanted to get at least 3 quotes, before making a decision.

Between my teeth, and the roof, we're having to make some uncomfortable financial decisions/changes, (also in consideration of my developing need for another hearing aid).  Just for fun I posed the question to the Tarot, and got a stunning response that exactly echoed my thinking, and my list of "pros and cons".  Creepy/scary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment