Sunday, April 16, 2017

quiet weekend,

after the excitement of Thursday evening.  Now we have the lull before the storm, as my Stitchery group is coming Tuesday afternoon.  I purposely cleaned up, but didn't do the heavy stuff, like washing the floors, before the family came to eat Chinese food in my living room. ( The spring rolls were wonderful!) So we have that sort of thing to do.  We also have to shop for some sort of goodie to have with coffee when they come.  I know what I want to get, and don't dare buy it before about noon on Tuesday, or it will disappear before I can serve it.

Very slowly, we have been emptying our pantry.  A lot of stuff, that we don't use often, was put in there when we had the kitchen done.  As it gets used, we aren't replacing anything that will interfere with my new lifestyle.  Most of what we're finding now is outdated, unfortunately.  We needed to use some chicken, and decided to have stir-fry chicken with Teriyaki sauce for supper tonight.  Well, not only was the bottle of Teriyaki sauce almost full it was both outdated and had gone bad.  It's gone.  David also found two cans of Tim Horton's French Vanilla Cappuccino mix, one almost full and one unopened.  They were only outdated by a year.  I really hesitated about what to do, but they're gone too.  It broke my heart, but I read the ingredients, and one of my coffee mugs would provide almost a full meal and one half, worth of calories, within the new regimen. I'm still not strong enough to take that risk, because I really love that stuff.

Yesterday, I spent the day writing up my research on regulations surrounding temporary food vendors in MB.  Cathy, I remember that you had to get your Food Handlers Certificate to work behind the bar at the Legion. I found a statement saying that the Certificate was required in the city, but not in rural areas.  Made me wonder how recent the information was.  Everything else had a list of amendments and effective dates at the end of the document. Anyway, 'tis done, and the actual write-up was only 3, well spaced, pages.  Since I also added copies of all the pertinent regulations, it's a decent bundle.   I hope she has a few minutes to spend going over it with me, as I want to say a couple of things, that I don't want to put in writing.

No Plans for tonight.  Today's "to do" list is done, except for preparing supper. A couple of the channels we usually watch have had various marathons of series, and we keep  getting sucked into those.  We both watched several ancient episodes of Bar Rescue this morning, but now David is watching the second half, not the first half of Ben Hur.

No comments:

Post a Comment