Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Well----

Still here, alive and kicking.  The past few days have been interesting.  We had arranged for two quotes on the roof, and were actively looking for a third potential quote.  The first one was very business like, supplied a reasonable quote (reasonable maybe,  but still +++$$$).  We waited for the second one to show up at the agreed upon time--no show. Loren was going to talk to Sheila about a recommendation, but we won't be talking to him until tomorrow. 

My meeting yesterday morning was regarding my offer to assist with an upcoming craft sale to be held in the facility that houses my art group.  David drove me, and I waited, only to find out that it had been cancelled, and no-one told me.  I was pissed, as I had rearranged my dentist appointment, so as to be able to attend.  However, I got to spend a few minutes talking to the Executive Director of the organization, and we agreed upon a task that I can do at home, at my leisure.  Then, today, I got a call from another lady ( the one who was supposed to have phoned me about the cancelled meeting).  Well, it seems that she is in charge, ( she told me so) and she has scheduled another meeting, where we will be told how we will be contributing to the event, as she needs to make sure that everyone does their fair share.  I explained what I had been asked to do by the ED, which was to research Gov't regulations and expectations relative to any and all potential food services and sales by vendors.  Well, the lady on the phone advised my that she had that well in hand as she had been organizing the congregate meal program, for a couple of months now, and although she was new to the organization, thought they were managing quite well. And that there was no need to worry about vendors who might have rented a table, and were planning to bring in food that had been prepared elsewhere.  After all, she has been organizing bake sales in other locations for some time now.

So it would appear that I have screwed myself in terms of any further involvement with the group, especially after I told her that I had never attended any one of her congregate meals, as I had never been made aware of them.  ( a possible flaw in overall communications?  Certainly not with this one in charge!  Just ask her!)  So I will do what I promised the ED, although it's obvious that this "Coordinator of Volunteers", probably won't pay any attention to what I may find out.

Perhaps it's just as well that my membership runs out the same day as the craft sale.  

My visit to the dentist was a good one.  I had chipped the crown, not cracked it, so he smoothed it off and told me not to worry about eating or anything else, that it was fine.  He then did the little filling, that had been my original reason for the appointment.  Total cost to us--$11.37.  We had been trying to figure out how we could pay to replace the crown.  This is the dentist I was referred to a few years back, when the thought of any procedure that required dental dam, was so upsetting to me, that sedation was strongly recommended.  I have a much better feeling for this fellow ( trust?) and am quite relaxed with him.  Still, he treats me very gently, always asking and making sure that I don't want IV sedation or a pill of some sort.  Quite a nice fellow.  Mind you, over the years, I've had a lot of training in behaving myself with the dentist.

So now, once the fellow who was hired to power rake our yard is finished, and paid, I can relax for the evening, and get ready for the family gathering tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment