Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Wild times around here.

Cathy, I really enjoyed the pictures.  Amazing how Chloe has grown since we saw her a year ago Christmas.  I still don't think Chris looks old enough to be father.  Yes, I know how old he actually is.

Yesterday we were expecting the installation of our new drawers.  They were late so David phoned, and found out that they were actually coming today.  Then the repairman came to check out our new washing machine, as we had been very concerned about a noise it was making.  Except, I wasn't expecting him until today. In the middle of all of this, we had to make a trip to the store for goodies for the my ladies, and a red pen, because I forgot I was supposed to be reviewing a large set of organizational by-laws-by Friday.

Then my ladies came.  There were only two of them, both welcome.  Except about 5 minutes after they arrived, David had quite an allergic reaction to the perfume one of them was wearing.  We got him medicated, to an extent, but he closed himself in with his computer, and, I believe, an open window.  The same lady was terribly excited.  She is #1 on the list for a suite in a very "posh" assisted living facility.  She has been waiting for 3 years, and at 87, doesn't have a lot of years left. She hopes to be there by fall.  She has a very long-term and dear friend who has been there for several years and they are both anxious to get together.

Once the ladies left, we opened windows, turned down the heat, and left the house for the rest of the day.  You could even smell it in the basement.

So, on to this morning.  David had a doctors appointment for 6:15.  We never know how long it will take, so I stayed home to greet the installer of drawers.  Luckily, David was home by about 7:00, because when the fellow got here, he had the wrong size drawers--custom-made, of course.  He was pissed, also because they had booked him for 4 hours for what he described as a 20 minute job--if he had the right sized drawers. He took new measurements, and now we're waiting for a call from the company.  

Tomorrow, I have an evening meeting.  Friday is the board meeting I had forgotten about, and now, having read the minutes of the last meeting, I realize that, other than reviewing 24 pages of by-laws,  there was an other job I was to do!  Arg-h-h-h-h!  Saturday I'm taking a workshop--quite excited about that.  Sunday is my ATC luncheon.  I have no cards done, but contacted the organizer and have permission to just go for lunch and socialization. Then Monday, we are having what, I hope, is our last estimate done on the roof.

But for right now, all is quiet.  I plan to go out for coffee this afternoon, but otherwise am just filling time either playing Candy Crush, or a new game, Bubble Witch.  Bubble Witch makes me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment