Saturday, April 8, 2017

Common themes...

Enjoyed the last few conversations about homes and maintaining same...seems we all three concur with issues/solutions or lack of such.  Maybe we can consult from time to time to discover ideas, or at least seek solace.
Since Wed night we have been suffering through a nasty winter blizzard - very, very strong winds, lots of snow and blowing snow. So flickering lights which are usually the precursor of hydro outages in this area which meant lack of sleep pending trips out to greenhouses to reset electric heaters or worse...to set up propane? With any flicker of hydro, the heaters go off and no other way to turn them back on except creep out, open up door and reset. Fortunately, Friday afternoon it cleared up, and the sun came out although winds were still substantial.  Fortunately also that the need for setting up propane tanks did not materialize. Shoveling snow was not on my list of things to do anymore, but that quickly changed. Heavy cement like snow tumbled onto the driveway from the snow plow up trying to do their best under poor conditions.I would guess that they, too, thought their plowing days were over since the streets were basically clear and dry up to the time the storm appeared.  But, weather should be ok from now on - just a little setback to keep us in our places haha!
I washed one of our white goose down queen size duvets in the washing machine.  It took some courage to throw it in but it was soiled and it was "wash and see what happens, or throw it out." And it would not be taken to the Dry cleaner or professional Launderer as was specified on the duvet tab. Wonders of wonders, it actually washed well, and dried beautifully. No clumping as was my fear - fluffed up nicely.  So there is my experience if ever either of you have the same issue.
Sharing another expression that turned up on my daily Cat calendar yesterday - since Pati shared, I thought I would also include here: "My husband said it was him or the cat....I miss him sometimes  anonymous. 
Saturday morning and I have already been told of my things I have to do, so I better get at it.  Never a dull moment.
Have a nice weekend . Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment