Saturday, April 22, 2017

Want some rain?

It seems that the rain just wants to keep falling - tough on us gardening folk who should really be out there working.  Although to be fair, it did taper off yesterday afternoon enough for us to set up the rain barrels - well, mostly anyway. We do this every year and yet  we still don't quite get it right - we never remember which barrel of the five starts the process and how to attach the hoses from one to another for the perfect gravity flow of water.  We have to purchase another attachment today to complete the process. And Harry bought 7 large bags of soil yesterday and that is always the start of another process - filling the big pots.  In the meantime the tomatoes desperately need to be staked and tied and re potted but that has not happened last few days. Oh well, it will all come together I expect.
One of my friends, Kathleen, that I have Lunch with in the Fall fell last weekend and broke her arm in two spots and shattered her elbow. She has been in the local hospital waiting to find a bed down south (Toronto, Ottawa, or London) so Surgery can occur. In meantime they put her arm in a sling and every night keep her NPO with an IV in case a bed comes available. Yesterday I got another  email from friend Sue (keeping me updated) to say Kathleen finally was being shipped to Barrie (closest major hospital down the highway) for Surgery but because there was no bed available there, she was being shipped right back to local hospital post op. This is the state of our Health care - I hope I never need any thing soon. And then I just read the article in the Free Press about the Jet players jumping the queue for MIRs at the Pan Am Centre and bumping people who have waited months.
My duties for looking after Daisy have been postponed again as she went back to Toronto Wednesday with her son - although I am told her granddaughter is bringing her back again this morning I don't know if she is staying for awhile or when I am to resume my duties. I think the family realize that Daisy should not be left alone but with them all working in Toronto, it makes it difficult. 
Well, morning is here and time for my second coffee ( I love my coffee too much haha) and on with the day. I see that Lotto Max went last night but it sure wasn't me - did you folks win???
Have a nice weekend. Enjoy your workshop Pati, and what are you doing Cathy?

No comments:

Post a Comment