Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Busy, but not as busy as you!

I have done little except work in the studio, and go out for my daily coffee.  Boy! Is the studio ever hopping!  There are ideas running through my brain, most of which will probably never become anything concrete.  I have redone three of the squares for the little quilt I'm making from the very, very expensive pattern.  The pattern is for a very scrappy quilt, as well as every square being different.  Once I had several squares made I knew in my heart that I wouldn't be able to live with it, so I changed it to a scrappy quilt with a strong blue emphasis.  There is still a long way to go, but I will work on it slowly, and between projects--those times when I've usually made charity quilts.

The Circle of Life  project is dead-gone-a waste of time and materials.  But the FMQ'd background--for which I purchased that very expensive silk thread--is being turned into a different project, and one that is looking very, very viable.  Not ready for pictures yet, though.

As well, I've had further, positive thoughts about the burgundy tree piece that I've called spring.  In my head, I've planned the whole 
"Seasons" series, and have actually selected background fabric for two more pieces.  I may have background fabric for the fourth "season" as well, but just haven't looked far enough into my stash.

All of this has taken place over the last four days, but I'm also looking forward to working with the pieces I painted last week.

We still enjoy all of the "wildlife" that comes to our feeder.  Some has four legs and most have two, but there are enough of the first category that I no longer call it a "Bird feeder".  The Lady Slippers have just abut finished blooming.  Only two blooms this year, but the year we had the entire flower bed full of bloom is still one of the high moments of my life here.  The Hydrangea bushes and bedding plants that David bought are doing very well.  Fingers crossed!

Right now the over-riding thing in my life is that I'm cold.  We no longer have the heat on, but we've considered it, especially when it comes to bath time.  It hasn't gone above 20 degrees for several days, and this very well insulated house remains cold.  The basement is about 10 degrees colder than the first floor, so I have to have an extra sweater when I'm down there.  We started a wine kit last weekend, and we can smell it so it must be working, but I'm surprised given the cold basement.  Of course, the wine making and the fabric dyeing are taking place in the same sink and work space down there.  At one point at the same time.  

Tomorrow I'm going out to Manitou for a meeting of my fibre art support group.  This is the meeting that was cancelled last month because of a family emergency on the part of the hostess.  I will be driving out with my friend Willy, whom I believe you met out in Selkirk, Beth.  Not sure how that will go, as she may not be willing to stop at every public washroom along the route.  I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment