Saturday, June 15, 2019

I spotted a wee bit of sun just now....

In the midst of rain and more rain there was a glimmer of sun shining through just now. I just had the dog for his long walk and felt a few sprinkles still, and lots and lots of bugs to annoy us both.
Now that it is time to close up shop for the night, the sun decides to make an appearance!
We went to North Bay this morning - I  know ...on a Saturday when Harry should be off to his garage sales (haha!) but since it was pouring, we decided to head there. We needed gas badly, and Harry's favourite little Store ( Magic Dollar Liquidation) is only open on Thurs to Sun. I bit of groceries but not much, and a blouse and pr of slacks at Rebuilt Resources for me, but the thrill of the day for me was to see the new store just opened - guess what??? A first for North Bay - a big Starbucks stand alone Store right on the main thoroughfare and of course lots of cars in the parking lot. When Target was in North Bay there was a little Starbucks Kiosk inside the store but with the Target closing, so too the Starbucks closed down quickly. When we were in Sudbury two Wed ago to go to Costco I managed to walk into the Starbucks beside Chapters but just to look around and try to absorb some of the ambiance just to say to myself that I had been in. Now, I think I may actually plan to go to the one in North Bay. I'll let you know when the big event takes place haha!
The Library called me again that the second book I ordered had come in...it was the most recently published Monkeewrench by PJ Tracy. of course I have put down my Hugo Marsden novel to read Monkeewrench first. Both books came from western Ontario - one from Kenora and the other from that obscure little town just west of Thunderbay near Kakebecka Falls. I am so excited to be reading both of these authors again as I really enjoy both series.
Speaking of which,,,,I must put the birds to bed, and then get there myself to read. I have my hexi quilt spread out on my bed as I did a bit of work this afternoon so must tidy that up now.
I spoke briefly with Mike this morning ( his Birthday today) and he was in process of preparing for his guests for his BBQ. The weather was clear and sunny there so glad he didn't have to worry about rain and BBQing. He cat with the eye infection I was so worried about is OK - he'll give her a few more drops but otherwise she is recovering well. 
So long for now. Thinking of you all and hoping Cathy and Jim will soon be able to come home - at least closer if it has to be the Neepawa Hospital for a while. Take care
ps did you read in the WFP the little story and attached picture about Dr Lloyd Bartlett? I assume it is "our" Dr Bartlett- right?

No comments:

Post a Comment