Thursday, June 6, 2019

It's now Thursday evening

This is the week without commitments during which I promised myself the gift of time in the studio.  Made enough time yesterday to do the ironing, and rip out several mistakes on a small piece.  About 1-11/2 hours.  And it's now Thursday evening.  I'm exhausted and hurt everywhere.

We needed to do a little grocery shopping.  With the new Freshco store in the area our shopping is spread among four different stores--all of them big and involving long walks.  In addition to Superstore, Walmart, Sobey's and Freshco, we also visited the Bulk Barn today ( seniors' 10% discount for Wednesdays!.)  We only bought a couple of things in each, but still spent 3 1/2 hours doing it.  Then it was across town to buy a new Bath seat. I have been talking about scrubbing the bathtub, but wanted to have everything in place before doing it this weekend.  I guess David got p'd off with my talking about it.  I sat down for a minutes after we got home, and the next thing I know, he's in his underwear scrubbing the bathtub.

When we got home, I checked the e-mail, and discovered an e-mail reminding everyone of the opening reception for the new show in the gallery in Selkirk--this evening!   More bad words spoken, but we quickly grabbed some supper and headed out, making another trip to Sobey's to pick up a nibble for the refreshment table. (everyone with work in the show is expected to contribute)

But now we're home.  We're both exhausted, but can't consider bed, because at 9:00 is the final episode of Project Runway.  Can't miss that!!  And we're almost out of wine, but that's an issue for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment