Monday, June 17, 2019

Here we are another week into June

The time is flying....but the garden is actually starting to grow and look interesting. The peas and beans are up - soon they will require some attention to picking though and i can certainly wait a bit for that chore haha!
I had my first Kale Salad for supper last night - delicious. Thanks Pati for that recipe - I had to run to the store though to buy some Creamy Poppyseed dressing but I had enough dried cranberries on hand. We are still planting tomatoes - I am getting the pots unearthed from winter storage and cleaning them up, and placing them around the yard, and then Harry putting the plants in and staking them. Still many more to do though....
This week on Thursday I am still planning to go to the Open House at the Hearing Aid Center in Huntsville. I am a bit hesitant to take it to the next step of actually ordering, but I am sure I shall survive (worry about the expense of it all I guess).
Ruth, the neighbour called to invite us to the Welcoming of her sister and brother in law ( the folks from Holland) coming Tuesday. She always has some goodies and champagne to welcome them - but they do not get here until about 930 pm - we have declined over the past few years and i shall have to decline again today to her - Harry never wants to go and I'll admit it is a bit late in the evening and i always figure the pair will be too tired from the flight over to enjoy much socializing.. I am always declining her invitations but cannot do anything else.
Have a nice week folks. I believe that the summer is really upon us now so want to enjoy every hour and day of it before that nasty winter comes. I am already in my mind thinking about how I can keep the roof clean to prevent all that leaking again in the spring - ugh and dread and ugh!. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment