Friday, June 7, 2019

Running so fast I can't keep up with myself

Thanks for the update this morning, Cathy.

This morning I finally found the supply list for the on line quilting class I signed up  for.  I had bought a little fabric when we were in Winkler last week, but barely a drop in the bucket compared to what the list says.  We sat down to figure out what I was going to do, and I decided that my best and cheapest bet would be to dye a lot of the white fabric I have on hand, and only purchase what I can't create myself.  So amongst the errands we had to run this morning, was a trip to the fabric store.  My one and only white shirt had developed a nasty stain, so I also wanted to visit the clothing store, knowing they had a big sale on this weekend.   Found not one, but three white shirts got all three for an excellent price. The fabric store was more of a challenge, but we found the three print fabrics I needed.  Then David asked if he could check Walmart to see if he could find another shirt like the one he bought yesterday.  He found three more.  

While we were out gallivanting, the laundry was busy, as well as the dishwasher.  Once we added the new clothes, and all of the fabric to the the pile of fabric waiting to be washed, the poor machine was going all day and evening.

While monitoring the washer and dryer, I cleaned up a couple of small piecing projects that I wanted off the table before I started my class.  The class finally appeared on my computer late this afternoon.  I slowly read through the first lesson and said to myself "OMG! What the  (insert bad word here) have I got myself in for?"  The instructor told us that she was only going to give us four projects with this class, and would be giving us as many as 12 in further classes,   and the whole thing has to be finished in 8 weeks, when all of he instructions and on-line forums associated with the class would disappear.  Looks like a busy summer, with absolutely no time to get into trouble.

And what have you two been doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment