Sunday, June 30, 2019

Not quite an adventure

Yours was an adventure.  Not one I would like to deal with, but an adventure none the less. I imagine that the porcupine died?

We had a very lazy morning.  I was still in my nightie, and starting to get ready to go to my ATC Luncheon, when I suddenly realized that it was just after 12:00, and I was supposed to be out in Selkirk between 10:00 and 12:00 to pick up my piece from the exhibition that closed yesterday. A call to the Gallery indicated that someone was there but he could only promise to be there an hour longer. We both jumped into the car and headed out, only to run into unexpected construction delays.  We knew about the construction, as it's been there for a couple of years, but what we didn't anticipate was the heavy highway traffic.  Neither  of us could figure out why, but where the highway cut down to one lane instead of two, the back-up in both lanes was close to half a mile.

The piece is safely home, but needless to say I didn't make my luncheon.

Almost too hot to do anything.  Given all of the blood thinners he takes, David is cold all the time, and felt just pleasant today.  I, however, really feel the heat, and spent most of the day in the basement.  Th peonies in the house are holding up nicely, and should be around for another day, but in the heat and sun, blooms outside barely last one day. To sleep tonight I have a fan directed to where I usually lie on the bed--just that.  So I'm, delaying bed for as long as I can

No comments:

Post a Comment