Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Life in the garden

We have spent most of the last couple of days in the garden.  David continues to putter as much as he can with the garden itself, and I'm enjoying sitting and reading or stitching.  The weather has just been that nice.  That means that the house continues to be neglected, but if we're outside, then there isn't that much mess for us to deal with inside.

We bought some bedding plants for the old sink, and two more Hydrangea for the front garden. All now planted.  The neighbour has told us that we can take anything we want out of his garden.  But he never waters anything ( to cheap!).  David checked his Rhubarb, and it's small stringy and all dried out.  But yesterday, I picked three stems from his White Lilac, and brought them into the house.  I absolutely love the variegated colour in the blooms, before all of the buds open.


The reason I was in his garden and spotted them, was that I went to find some very small fern fronds to use in sun printing.  Yesterday morning I did about 10 different fabric paintings, about half of which were sun prints.  I was very pleased before I realized that one piece had dripped over just about all of them.  I had spotted it on a couple and rinsed them out before the paint had set, but missed it on one of my fern prints.  Bad words!  And the four I did were just about perfect, for what I have planned, before that happened.

With the painting outside, the setting up of everything takes longer than the painting itself.  It also involved many, many trips up and down the basement stairs.  I was also trying to do laundry, at the same time.  Needless to say, both of us could barely walk by the time everything was over and the equipment put away.  Not a good sign.  Makes me wonder how much longer we can stay in this house.  But we're all getting older aren't we?

Been reading Kate Morton myself.  Was it you, Beth you mentioned her work?  I'm quite enjoying it.  She does have a very distinct method and approach to her writing.

Enough for now.  You and Jim are on my mind, Cathy.  Please continue keeping us up to date with how things are going.


No comments:

Post a Comment