Sunday, June 23, 2019

Usual Manitoba weather

Perfect temperatures, sunny skies and prairie wind.  The same wind that used to prevent us from bicycle riding, is now preventing me from sitting and reading in my garden.

The studio is very busy.  I'm finding pleasure and maybe even a bit of joy in this class.  I'm comfortable with the techniques, although I may not have ever used them before.  But I'm back in the studio and eager to get there every day.  I still take time in the morning to get this old body moving, and try to avoid too many trips up and down the stairs, but when I'm there, there is a frenzy of work and fabric and thread flying all over.  I haven't been keeping up with taking pictures, but hope to do that tomorrow.

David is still puttering in the garden, these days.  The peonies are in bloom.  The fruit is setting in the Nanking Cherry bushes.  We even watched a bird investigating the progress today.  But we now know for certain that another part of the larger bush is dead.  The new Hydrangeas appear to be doing well.  We don't expect any blooms on them this year, but we have buds on the older ones.  The rose bush next door is in bloom and I have one on the counter right now (Shhh!)  We have a couple of small shoots growing on our side of the fence, and we are strongly encouraging them.  Not much squirrel action these days, and we worry that the crows may be responsible for that, but the rabbits are active.

So I've done as much as I plan to for today, I've had my shower, and am about to settle down to a poker tournament.  Hope everyone is settled down and ready to face the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment