Thursday, June 27, 2019

Iced Tea for David

Off for my daily coffee, but David joined me after running a couple of errands.  they had a special sale on of any iced beverage being but one, get one.   He went to see what they were offering, but the drinks advertised within the store didn't interest hem at all.  Knowing he likes a fairly strong tea, I went up to see what I could find.  They had a couple  of familiar blends, but those were hot teas.  After a little negotiation, a plain black tea was selected and the two drinks delivered fairly quickly.  After drinking one in the store, we headed home.  Since him coming home with a drink was a special occasion, we decided that it should be enjoyed outside, and set up the umbrella but had to wash off the table and sweep the patio, as everything was covered with debris from last night's rain.

Giving the table a final swipe with a dry paper towel, I knocked this precious container of tea off the table and all over the ground.  What a disaster considering how much time and trouble we had taken just to take it home, so it could be consumed on the patio.  I may never get him to buy a drink there again.

But after that, I took  tour of the garden again.  My beloved pink Peony is in full bloom and just about finished.  It only takes about 48 hours for that to happen.  But I did get three blooms to take into the house.


 The flowers in the old sink are doing well.  I know David enjoys seeing blooms, and the state of this display is checked every day.


Somehow we ended up with a sunflower in the pail close to the feeder.  It's pitifully small but has developed a bud, none the less.  I wish the picture was clearer, but taking a picture in the sun with a digital camera is often difficult.
The display on the neighbour's rose bush is also a little past its peak, but still a joy to see.


And finally the shoot in our yard off that bush, is showing a little colour.

After the frenzy of  workshop projects earlier in the week, I'm now doing more putter-y stuff clearing up a few other projects, before a new episode of instructions is posted tomorrow.  Good!  I need a break.

So now a shower, maybe a bit of poker, and off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment