Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Up early

This morning was an early rise as I was checking the temperatures closely. The weather on CBC news stated frost warnings and 0 degrees overnight. Our weather network stated clear and 3 degrees. So it was not clear what might happen. At 4 am it was 39 F on our inside monitor from the gauge hanging outside, and on the thermometer attached outside to a tree at the little greenhouse it read 5 C. So it may just be alright and I will not have to go out and spray everything with water. No way to cover up. And the long range looks promising with much higher temps overnight.  It reminds me of what I imagine all the Farmers go through all the time trying to beat the weather and maintain their crops. I have enough stress just managing our little "paradise" haha!
Yesterday I made my first batch of rhubarb/pineapple jam - the first cuttings of the rhubarb is always a treat! Today I will make a Rhubarb Kuchen to take to leave for Mike when we go tomorrow to his place. I think I mentioned he has requested Rhubarb lattice Pie ( Mom's recipe) and Kuchen and Crumble. So I shall stagger the baking over a few weeks leaving one treat every time we go and then he has the enjoyment of finding it when we gets home over the weekend.
I went into the Library yesterday to renew one book and take out another - the Librarian said with a great big smile So where is your list for me to do an inter Library lending? She knows I keep my lists with me all the time. I was surprised and she said they had just heard that the system may be up and running again but not sure - so she ordered the latest P J Tracy (Monkeewrench) book I had wanted and another Mark Pryor (Hugo Margeson series) for me. Hoping that maybe one will actually come in?? I was excited to think maybe I'll be back in business.Although I have really enjoyed reading these Kate Morton books in the meantime -and I took out another Nicholas Sparks yesterday just for something simple to read.
We shall be going to Huntsville to shop this morning and then garden work this afternoon. I received a note in the mail to attend an Open House at the Muskoka Hearing Centre on June 20 - demonstrations, draws etc and I think I shall attend. I have been saving a little bit over last few months towards the purchase of hearing aids (not near enough $ though so far) but I think it may be time to take the next step and actually have a trial with some and then order. It will be a big investment but certainly time. 
Time to check the temps outside again. Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment