Sunday, June 30, 2019

Not a happy adventure...

What a terrible thing to happen and the dogs are so vulnerable and unable to help - but just yelp! Thank goodness for those neighbours - they have always been very helpful to you. And Rodney always seems to be the 'go to " guy as well. Maybe just as well that Jim was not a part of it all as that may have caused more undo stress all around?
Woke this morning to a coldish windy morning and yet a bit of blue sky with a promised fairly sunny day. But I don't really believe anything anymore - we were supposed to get rain last night - our water barrels are empty right now and we were hoping to have them fill up naturally.
The fireworks went off as planned last evening and from the house I could hear nothing but bang, bang, sizzle, sizzle for 20 minutes straight.  Then after that the cats got all upset - so getting up I realized they had a mouse corralled in the kitchen. I was stymied to get at it but put up a trap beside the fridge and wall where it had taken refuge, heard the trap go off and then Tigger fumbling down the back stairs to the landing. After a funfilled game of cat and mouse I was finally able to capture it under my dish and piece of cardboard and out the front door it went. The rest of the night was uneventful.
We started to do dehydrating yesterday - got a bit of parsley and oregano done and today will keep at it with more of the same and other herbs etc.  Looking at your pictures Pati it is obvious that you folks are a bit ahead of us. The peonies here are only in bud right now but the plants look promising. The iris were the best they could be but are now fading. My wild rose bush that we pampered after the situpon was torn down are flourishing and covered with flowers and more buds. I guess it did it well to be separated from the trellis of the old situpon as they are now free standing and looking great.
Well, I splurge this morning and treat myself to a bacon and tomato sandwich for breakfast - I know - but I love it!  Take care all -hope everyone is fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment