Tuesday, January 21, 2020

All that food....making me hungry

Both of you have always done what you call "power cooking" and I have never done this - just the way things are here I guess. The menu changes frequently, and personal likes and dislikes are managed best one cans. But i like the idea of cooking your way. You always have a meal close at hand, and makes for planning a bit easier. That is, as long as all the mouths in the house agree haha!
I have always enjoyed lasagna, and on occasion i will make a dish - just for me. usually end up having to freeze into meal size pieces but then, I know it is at hand when i want some. I still use the old tried and true recipe with spinach, and cottage cheese and parmesan cheese layered with the meat and noodles. Yummm. Same with your pizza recipe Cathy - one of my all time 'go to" meals when the spirit needs a boost.
Still bitter cold and not welcoming for any outdoor activity. Except I need to take the dog out and honestly, do not like to have to get him and me all dressed up just to go out for few minutes. This morning the weather on the net says it "feels like" minus 30 here in Sundridge but the rest of the weeks night temps are improving. Thank goodness for the greenhouse - I have two heaters in there now and the temp is only reading 58 F right now. There is so much snow to clear away and my plan is to get at it the rest of the week - today we go to Huntsville to shop ( it is Tuesday haha!) 
Thursday i have to take the car for an oil change - it is reading 1 % right now so maybe it is time???
I made an appt for Harry to see the eye Optician for Feb 3 - had to wait the 24 months for his insurance to cover the costs for another visit and prescription but he really needs a change - his eyes are deteriorating. Well mine are as well but I have a appt to see the Eye Surgeon in North Bay on Feb 14 - for assessment of the retinal bleeds and the cataract - I must make a decision about having the one done soon. I fear the Dr is going to retire before i decide to have any surgery but I am hesitant. Pati you have had this surgery and seemed to survive - any suggestions??
Time to go now - get my mind and body in gear for the shopping trip to Huntsville.  i watched the latest The Quilt Show yesterday and had a few laughs - it was fun but of course nothing I would do. Except, it did prompt me to get out my hexis again and I got a few more done. Slow but sure??? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment