Saturday, January 18, 2020

Feeling better

Yesterday I ended up having to work very hard, in bitter cold and vicious wind, to clean my car of both snow and thick ice--the whole car.  It left me exhausted.  This old body is just not used to working that hard.  Yesterday was also laundry day, which is often my most physically challenging day of the week.  Needless to say, I slept like a rock last night.  Today I vacuumed the living room and hall,  and wet Swiffered the kitchen floor, both of which are hard on my back.  But poor David is outside blowing snow.  On the whole I'd rather vacuum.  

Lately I've been upset at how badly the gold is coming off my "Duchess" mugs, as well as the "Regency Blue" mug I use.  As you both know, my "Duchess" mugs are precious to me.  So yesterday I pulled out the rest of my collection, and decided to use them for awhile.  Imagine my dismay when I realized that those had been put away because they all had solid gold trim on their handles.  So--I decided to use them for awhile and see if I can preserve the gold by hand washing them.   You both realize that I've just said that I am hand washing dishes by choice?  We'll see how long that lasts--snort!

We've talked about it, and made the decision to go back to South Beach for my birthday.  We enjoyed it last time, and felt that it was worth the cost.  Which day to go became the issue.  We agreed that we didn't want to be there in a weekend. We were looking at the calendar, with David favouring the 4th, and me suggesting the 11th.  Somehow in all the discussion, the reservation was made for the 18th.  Then, this week, the meeting of my Divas group turned out to be the 11th, in March.  So everything worked out much better than it might have, otherwise.

Both of us feel that we need to get out more.  We are searching for events that both of us might enjoy, and actually bought tickets for another concert.  Now hold onto your hats, but we are going to see Charley Pride, at the and of April.  The tickets aren't cheap, but neither of us have been happy with the shows we've seen with tribute groups.   There may be good tribute groups, but they don't come to Club Regent, and we certainly can't afford groups that come to the larger venues in the city.  I know you see shows in your area Beth, and I'm guessing that some of them, than you've mentioned, might be entertainers that appeal to an older crowd.  I also believe that some of them are entertainers who appeal to a more specialized audience.  Or maybe, like us, the price is just  right.  I'm really hoping to be able to enlarge our interests over the next year, and I'll keep you informed about how be make out.

David is in, and he tells me that we can get out of the garage, again.  He also looks like he's freezing and about to collapse from exhaustion.  Best to sign off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment