Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Weather and books

You'd think with it being so cold outside I would be reading more, but I have not been able to finish a book in over a week.  I have decided I don't really like the book I am reading, even though it is a "light reading" book from an author I have enjoyed before.  Maybe I will get a couple of better ones if I go to the library today. Right now the wind chill is still at -39.  We need to blow snow, but as soon as you get away from the shelter of the house you can't breathe. I will do the two decks soon since they are close, but the yard and driveway are exposed.  Jim is going to put on his coveralls and hat and scarf and try a bit later.  We had a couple of guys out yesterday to give us an estimate on renovating our bathroom.  We have plumbing issues that have to be addressed and we figured if they have to tear out the walls anyway, we might as well make a couple of changes.  Though listening to Jim describe what "we" wanted made me wonder if we ever talked about it!  Oh well.  It is his money, but the estimate better not be too high.  We got a quote on blinds for 3 windows in the house and it was over $1200. I don't think so!!  I guess I might as well put on another layer of clothes and tackle the snow. Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment