Thursday, January 9, 2020

Snowed in?

We didn't make the movie on Tuesday, and didn't go out in the snow and cold yesterday.  It's a little warmer today, and we may go out for a few groceries.  The snowblower has been acting up, so David has made arrangements to have it serviced. The biggest problem with this is actually getting it into the shop.  So, David inquired and found out that they will pick it up and deliver it, for $80.00.  When you figure what's involved in renting a truck and then loading the darn thing, then turning around and doing the same thing a few days later, it sounded like a bargain to us.   But, we're now sitting here with a snow covered driveway, and the machine is not yet picked up ( they said it might be a few days).

So yesterday was quiet.  We were both stunned to realize that David had been sitting playing Candy Crush for 5 hours.  My version still wasn't working right, so I uninstalled it from the machine.  I'm now facing life without Candy Crush.  I've enjoyed my 30 minutes a day with it, and made it part of my routine, but it's gone, at least for now.  I was at level 2089, and it took me four years to get there.  According to the leader board, there were only two other people who had reached that level.  But I knew I would never get any further, without being able to buy "boosters", and besides, it will save me a bunch of money.

So my day yesterday, was spent in the studio, and today looks like more of the same.  But there were no "2's" on the scale this morning, and that is a major "booster" in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment