Thursday, January 23, 2020

What do you think about....

....Skype?  Pati you mentioned it when I first got the new Laptop and was trying to orient myself to it's newfound uses. I am using the book I bought for Christmas called Windows 10 for Seniors Dummies.It is a wealth of info and is helping me greatly.I bought a USB flash drive and very successfully downloaded my favourite Christmas tape (Chris Rea , Driving Home for Christmas) that many years ago Mike had put on a flash drive for me and that i had on the desktop of the old computer. Now I have it safely stored in My Documents / Music on the new laptop. I was thrilled I could do it, I have a few other saved documents on my bookmarks in the old computer that I am thinking i could also save with this flash drive process to the new laptop so may go ahead with that soon.
I have now read the chapter on Skype and wonder about setting it up - I would need to create a Microsoft account but that looks straight forward. The laptop has a camera at the centre top of the machine. Although I have not used it or tried it, i am sure it is straight forward as well. The only thing is, i would have to enter the contact info of you folks in order to activate Skype if we were all agreed to try it? Cathy do you have this capability? I would want your permission. Do you think it is worth a try???
Anyway, I have to go to the Service dept for an oil change first thing this morning and then when back, finish cleaning off the roof. I only got the back done yesterday after having to do the greenhouses and all the sheds etc. and was basically too pooped to continue. It is not the using of the roof rake that is the issue - it is shoveling all the hard packed snow that I rake off to the ground that bothers me, and where to put it all!
Hope all is well with you folks,,,,take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment