Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Welcome to 2020

Happy New Year to all of you as well. 
We are now living in a winter wonderland of snow! After a few days of "awful" it finally snowed and now I must go out and shovel. Just now I was out with the dog and it felt like little ice pellets falling and I could see them on the ground - that lasted for only a few minutes though. There is more snow in the forecast for coming week but I say "let it snow" so I do not have to deal with the melting and water etc.
I put a roast into the oven and have some of our own small potatoes around the roast and I cut up carrots to go with it. My plan is to use the left over beef to make a from scratch Shephards Pie on Saturday, complete with my own grinding of the meat. I have had it in my mind for awhile remembering times from the past at home - I do not know it if will be the same, but I'll eat what ever is produced haha!
Friday we are going to Mike's with some extra items not taken on Christmas Day - it will be a short visit but still for me - a visit - which I cherish.
Last night I watched the movie Notting Hill starring Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant. I wanted a fluff and funny movie before bed to celebrate New Years Eve - and this did not disappoint me. I have seen it many times before mind you so when I choose such a movie I really know what I'll be watching.
So here we go with our ambitions for a new year (so we can make amends for the past year maybe???) I have it all planned with my goals, and my word and everything I am supposed to do this time of year - now to follow through and implement, and not give up!!
here's hoping. And I hope for both of you the same success. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment