Tuesday, January 14, 2020

New books

I've enjoyed all of John Sandford's books.  The Lucas Davenport books are the most violent, and Kidd is a minor character in some of them (a consultant rather than someone necessary for the plot). The Virgil Flowers books have a lot more humor and a lot less violence. It's a running joke in them that Virgil can't hit anything  with a hand gun and rarely carries one, usually leaving it in the truck, at just the wrong point in the plot. In many ways I find him more of an interesting character than Davenport, who often appears as a less minor character in the Flowers books.  Sandford has written a couple of stand alone books as well.  I found one, with the word "Jupiter" in the title( I think-it's been awhile), interesting.

We went to a get-together of craft people yesterday, in Lorette.  I've been going periodically since last spring, and yesterday David went with me.  The group has grown too large for me, I think.  There really isn't enough room for me to spread out my work, and it's hard to keep up with the conversation.  They meet every Monday afternoon in the Chicken Chef restaurant there, but I don't think I'll be going to frequently, especially if I can only take something that I can work on by hand, and in a small space.

Today, I need to start tidying up the basement.  My fibre art support group will be coming Wednesday evening, and, while they are quite tolerant, the current mess might be a bit too much.

Beth, do you remember the colourful cats on a black background?  I think you have a small bag with them on it.  I'm slowly beading a panel of three of them that will hang vertically.  This is what I took with me, yesterday.  I've been working on it for two years, but not very often. I spent some time with it, after I got home, and decided that it's two thirds done, so why don't I finish it?  It's the perfect job to be doing while I watch tv.  In my recent "clean-up and purge, I found the matching fabric, so there is no reason not to do the finishing.  At this point, I consider anything I find in the stash, as found , and don't consider the cost, as that is money long gone.

So breakfast is over, and time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment