Saturday, February 29, 2020

A busy couple of days

Friday we had an early appointment with a tax preparing company, so were up before the birds--so to speak--as well as before breakfast. She had a lot of trouble getting into our accounts with CRU, mainly mine, until they figured out that CRU was missing the second "i" in my name.  After that everything worked out, but we were still with her for almost two hours.  We were missing one document to finalize everything, so have a return appointment Monday morning.  While we were with her, I was able to slip out for a coffee, and went to The Second Cup, as it was much closer than Tim's.  Wow!  I had forgotten how good their coffee is, especially now that I'm able to drink it without milk.  I plan to go back on Monday, while we're there.

In the afternoon, I went to Michael's to buy some larger beads for my Boho Beads, as well as some wire and a pair of side cutters.  Everything in the beading section was on sale and I had a coupon for the side cutters, so save about 45% on everything.  Except, the side cutters wouldn't cut anything, not wire, not the thread holding the beads together, and not paper.

So, this morning, we headed back to Micheal's to return the side cutters, and then off towards Osborne Village, where there is a bead store that I've been to a couple of times with Gail.  She had suggested that I try there for the side cutters, and sure enough, I found a little pair that work just fine, and at half the price of the ones in Micheal's.  And, of course, I picked up a few jewelry findings while I was there.  These Boho Beads are turning out to be a little expensive.  My only hope is to recover some of the cost when I teach them at the Selkirk Gallery in May.  David went in to explore the store while we were there, and as soon as he got in, there was the store cat.  I didn't even know there was a store cat!  That man is a cat magnet, where ever we go!

As we were leaving the store I happened upon some "fingerless" gloves. I have often thought that they might be useful, especially for driving.  They were half price and I bought two pair.  Does anyone need a pair of "fingerless" gloves"


During the afternoon, I tried to work on a quilted piece that I'm using, mainly, to practice my free motion quilting.  It is really not going well, as my quilting just isn't "up to snuff".  Usually by this point in my practice, things are starting to go well.  There might be two factors to this: either I'm to physically and mentally tired to work efficiently, or my physical ability just isn't what it once was.  This whole thing might be less concerning if I wasn't looking at a significant birthday, and if I wasn't having to spend time every morning loosening up my joints.  I'm also starting to see issues with my concentration and focus, as well as memory. That too could be part of general fatigue.  I have never felt old enough to be this old, but over the past couple of weeks, doubt is creeping in.

We are told that keeping active is part of healthy aging, so I'm reluctant to reduce my activity and spend more time relaxing.  Doesn't that sound a little stupid?  What the heck, I think I'll spend the evening playing internet poker and taste testing various mixes for my Kahlua.  Hot Chocolate is always a good bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment