Saturday, February 29, 2020

Weather (we like it or not)

That’s a play on words in case you didn’t catch it ๐Ÿ˜œ. I enjoy the warmer weather but it sure plays havoc with my hips, knees, wrists, etc. (ie joints).  It is 8 pm and I am lying in bed with a heating pad๐Ÿ˜ž. A lot of snow melted today and when I checked the bird feeder I could see why we are going g through a lot of seed. Under the feeder it looks like we just dumped a couple of cans of seed on the ground. I think the birds were stashing it. There was a two foot circle of seeds on the ground. It had been buried in snow. (Little brats). I am going to a museum board meeting on Monday night. I will check it out but I will not take an executive position. I want to understand what is happening before I even consider that. I know that there is potential a lot of work involved to keep the museum running, but I will start small. We are still waiting for info on the crib in NL. Don phoned the command last week and they said they had mailed everything out over two weeks ago. There is nothing here but our branch secretary is away and no ones knows if anyone collects the mail when she is gone (DUH?!). We did talk to dominion command and they think the best (read cheapest) flight for us leaves Winnipeg at 5am on April 24 and gets to NL at 3:11. Suits them but means a night in Winnipeg for us and a day lost in transit. But if we go Thursday they will not arrange transportation for us. I did reserve our room for the weekend. They are very “friendly” there. The receptionist called me “sweetie” and when I booked the room I said we could use the one queen bed, instead of the two doubles, she commented that if I was going to sleep with him anyway why waste an extra bed. I think I could have been a Newfie in another life ๐Ÿ˜œ

No comments:

Post a Comment