Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Date Night??

We seem to be getting into the habit of going to the movies on Tuesday evening.  Today it was "Jumanji: The Next level". the second of the series with Dwayne Johnson and Jack Black.  It really helped having seen the first one.  This one could be watched without, but there were many references to people, and things that happened, that it was just that much better.  Totally weird hearing Dwayne Johnson playing Danny deVito as he was playing the young hero's Grandfather.  

What was really strange was the previews before the show, and even a cartoon.  Thinking about it,  I realized that the show is "G" rated and there were children in the very small audience.  So previews of any movie with more than a "G" rating couldn't be shown.

We didn't have supper at the mall, as I'm on Phase one, and knew I wouldn't be able to find anything "legal".  So it was an early night, and home to play poker.

I know I had promised to show pictures of my efforts at making batik.  Well, for the most part, my efforts weren't up to the job.  One piece was totally useless, except I think I may have another use for it.  A second piece is acceptable after much effort, and the third piece is still in the drier.  The problem was getting the wax out.  Even knowing that it is supposedly water soluble, and bio-degradable, I still didn't want to try putting all that wax through the plumbing.  So, I followed the instructions for batik using bees' wax, and tried to iron it between layers of newspaper before washing it.  Didn't get a lot out, and after the second washing there was still a halo around anything that had been waxed.  So it was soaked in Oxyclean, and washed and dried again.  That still left the halo so it  was thoroughly treated with Resolve and washed yet again.  The first wash was with the special (expensive) soap that is used for all hand dyed fabric, second and third, with Blue Dawn. Really a few very busy days.

Now it really is time for bed.  Have a good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment