Monday, February 3, 2020

Busy family-lol

What's spurred your "purge" Cathy?  I find that I just tend to procrastinate until I get so frustrated that I just want to put everything in a pile and set fire to it.  We've been at it so long, off and on, that I wonder what's left to get rid of, and then realize that I still have oodles of fabric sitting around catching dust.  David seems to wander around the house looking for stuff to go through, and I see him eyeing those plastic tubs every once in awhile.  But maybe he knows it would be worth his life to suggest we go through them--again.

Good luck in your tournament! You two usually do fairly well, so we'll expect a report.

Beth, please talk to your doctor about the Sx.  Neither David nor I remember needing any special care, or any other concern.

Christmas fabric is great for practicing free motion quilting.  Make a couple of 12 by 12's of it, and practicing stitching around the shapes. Then practice echoing that stitching.  Or you could always use it for backing your other practice pieces.  When you go to the Quintessential Quilting site, click on "videos".  There is nothing else anywhere on the site.  Go Figure!

I've been in a frenzy  of batik dyeing over the last three days--and frenzy is the right word.  I've done nothing else.  I bought far too much soy wax, so will have to find a use for it, or maybe barter it.  There are three pieces pretty well finished.  I have probably used too much wax, as it was applied with a paint brush rather than stamped.  I hope to have pictures on  the other blog by tomorrow later in the morning.  But that won't happen unless I get off the computer and down into the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment