Friday, February 14, 2020

Wow, that was COLD!

It appears some of the plants may have been lost but we just opened the greenhouse for a moment this afternoon to look and spray with water - time will tell. Tonight should be better.
My friend Sue just sent me a message with a picture of her floral arrangement of a dozen Red Roses in a crystal vase sitting on her table. Beautiful gift for Valentines Day. Can't say that I can beat that - how about you folks haha!
Nice surprise to hear from Mike with another invite to visit. Next week is the University Reading Week so he has no classes but lots of research and papers to produce. So we are going on Monday ( an actual STAT holiday). I managed to buy an ironing board at Rebuilt Resources today in North Bay and I had an extra iron to take - so I know that I shall be ironing some of his shirts while there but will leave the board and iron for him to keep it up on a regular basis. He is worried because the openings of all his shirts are curling up around the buttons when he washes them and starting to look sloppy.
Well, I went to see the Eye Surgeon today and it seems I do not need to worry so much about that cataract that I was worried about. Instead, I have been diagnosed with retinal degeneration. No cure - it just gets worse - may lead to blindness. Not necessarily what I wanted to hear, or needed to hear but nevertheless - there it is. So life shall go on, and so will I.
Anyway time to put the birds to bed, and think about some sleep myself. Bailey had me up in the middle of the night - he has started to vomit now unexpectedly over last three days - just when I thought he was responding well to his latest issues. Poor little guy - he is so bright and happy otherwise.
Take care folks and lets hope for warmer weather and clear skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment