Monday, February 3, 2020

Crib Tournament

Now I have something to look forward to for this week - to cheer you on at your tournament haha! So best wishes to you both.
Nice visit with Mike yesterday but the weather produced ice pellets on the way home - not to worry though, as the drive was OK. It is nice and mild and i see water dripping from the roof. I wonder if we are going to be OK without the ice buildup and daming this Spring because it has not been as drastic a winter as last year  (not yet anyway with ...fingers crossed)
Harry went to Optometrist this morning and he sent a referral to the Eye Surgeon in North Bay ( same one I go to) as Harry's cataracts are in need of removing. He has had trouble seeing but I did not realize he was in as much need of Sx as apparently he is. So this creates a bit of a dilemma for me in planning my future needs. I go to this same Dr next week on Feb 14 for reassessment of cataracts and retina bleeds, and i was about to suggest to him that i was ready for surgery now. However I must reconsider in light of what might be happening to Harry. Never simple is it?
Harry brought a box of fabric home from the dump store and thinking there might be some use for me with my new found interest in machine quilting, I have sorted it through and plan to use some of it to prepare the 12 x 12 sampler pieces. The rest went back to the dump. The majority of the fabric kept is of Christmas designs so I tend to keep them with the idea of another patchwork topper or something. I find that i can easily make these simple patterns with my limited space and time, and the Christmasy colours appeal to me. Who knows for sure, but maybe this afternoon I will cut out some 12 x 12 pieces and see what happens????
In meantime, thinking of you both, and hoping you have a pleasant week ahead. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment