Saturday, February 22, 2020

Good Saturday morning

Much warmer this morning and for next many days before the temp drops again at end of week. Harry wants the little greenhouse heated but I am petitioning to wait until after this week to get through that forecast cold spell. Then I guess I shall have to move electric cords and heaters etc to warm up the little house - and then plants will have to be moved from one to the other. It all seems like deja vue - year after year after year haha!
On a nicer note, I went across the street yesterday morning carrying a plate of muffins, to have coffee with Ruth and Gerd. She has been wondering why i never visit. The other evening she called to tell me of a neighbour having an emergency air lift to Toronto for surgery for a sudden brain haemorage and asking if I might look after that ladies dog. NO was my response but finally they found another dog sitter lady to do it. The lady apparently has come out of surgery OK and is conscious. talking and can move all limbs at this time.  Anyway, i enjoyed the coffee break with them - he had to leave to do something which left Ruth and i to talk which is what she really wanted. I really should try to go over more often as it does me some good as well as her.
Thursday afternoon, on the spur, we went shopping to the Costco in Orillia ( about two hours south) Harry had the urge although I am not always that anxious to go there. As with other trips to Costco, I found a few things that caught my eye but really not much - but the bill came to 300 in spite of it. Where did all that money go?? Well for starters, one big package of printer ink cartridges was close to 90 on its own, so it really does not take too long to add up. I did splurge though and bought a box of Keurig Kcups- 110 Kcups for 36 - that to me was a good deal.
In other areas of my life I have made some decisions to "Just do it" I have heard you Pati say that to go into the Studio without purpose results in stagnation so you "just do something" right? So I have made first contact with a Support Group in North Bay for Blindness and Low Vision. As well, in connection with that group I have also made first contact with the CNIB which is functioning in broader coverage areas because of lack of funding to provide Vision Low Rehabilitation. I spoke first with a man in New Brunswick, and then a Registrar in Thunder Bay to initiate my application. They need a report from the Ophmalologist before preceding further. There is no CNIB in North Bay but a smaller "hub" in Sudbury. Apparently I shall have my case transferred to this Sudbury "hub" to proceed with the assessment as soon as the Dr report is received. In meantime, I had a delightful conversation on the phone with the Support group contact in North Bay. The next monthly meeting is March 11 and barring any unforeseen circumstances, i plan to attend. Wish me luck as it was a hard decision for me to make the first move, but I am confident in my approach so far. 
So another weekend is upon us. Hope you folks are all well. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment