Monday, October 5, 2020

A treasure

 The fellow came and painted the wall in the bedroom this morning, so we had no excuse to for avoiding paying our bill.  Early this afternoon we went to the office, which is in the neighbourhood, close to the  MCC Thrift store.  Every once in awhile, I like to just go in and browse, just as I like to sometimes take a slow walk through the dollar store.  I found some nice white fabric placemats--$0.50 for two of them.  Then I found two delicate little footed fruit nappies.  Very pretty, and on sale.  I paid a quarter for both.  Next was an old fashioned high, footed sundae dish.  It was $0.35, but I thought "What the heck, go for it".  Many of the Dr. Phil recipes involving yogurt suggest serving it as a parfait and this dish looks like it just might be perfect for that.

Then there it was, hanging from a peg in amongst a bunch of purses.  A little tiny tote bag with Owls!  $0.50.   I grabbed it and ran to the check out before they could take it away from me.  I have not yet figured out what I might do with it, but it's MINE!  I've put a soft drink can next to it, so you can see how tiny it really is. The owls are woven in rather than printed, but otherwise it's just like the bigger bags.  Better even than Pumpkin Spice Latte--which I didn't get today..


Tomorrow, the fellow is coming to change the faucet in the upstairs bathroom.  I'll be glad when that's done.  



No comments:

Post a Comment