Tuesday, October 27, 2020

More Sourdough bread

 Yep, David has been baking again.  I love it when he bakes, but then hate it when I have to restrain myself and only eat one slice.  But since I slice it myself, it can be a little wider a slice than otherwise.  Doing that doesn't help at the scale, though.

The BuJo is chugging along.  The book I got from the library is a fantastic reference, and I  know I'm going to continue to refer to it, as I'm doing two or three times a day.  So I've ordered it from Amazon, and it's supposed to be delivered on Thursday.  We'll see.  the other thing I'm going to need is a new book to keep the BuJo in.  We are told to start a new one every year. I'm hoping the little home made book I'm using now will last until Jan 1st, but I'm having my doubts.  Of course I can just make another small one to fill in until the actual date.  Finding a suitable book might be a challenge, but this is the time of year to be doing it.  Now I have an excuse to go shopping!  Maybe  I should have checked on amazon.ca.

Last Thursday we got our flu shots and gave the doctor the forms for application for the Disability Tax Credit.  Yesterday we got them back all filled out.  In exchange for a whole bunch of money, of course, but there was also a note within the blank forms that any cost to having them filled out is tax deductible.  Thank Goodness!  The doctor had suggested, in the form, that David's be backdated to 2008 and me to 2009.  It would be wonderful if it could go back that far.   I have a vague memory that they only backdate 5 years, but that might not be right. In any case, I went out and mailed them right away.  While out, I checked our latest lottery tickets and both gave us a very small prize, so small that buy two more tickets only cost me $3.00, in stead of the usual $10.00. Last time I checked them we got $10.00, so it's starting to to look as though buying them and checking them is going to become my job.  I hope not.

One of my goals, as stated in my BuJo, is to do a small sketch a day.  I think you saw the sketch of the spools of thread.  Yesterday it was my small studio clock and the tiny needle-felted teddy bear I have.  But now I'm struggling to find things that I feel are at my sketching level, and that I can find around the house.  I'm thinking of posting the finished sketches on my blog, just to have a record of them, other than in my sketchbook.

Today will be a fairy quiet day.  Nothing major is planned.  Of course, that was how I thought yesterday would go and it was nothing of the sort.  I was run off my feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment