Sunday, October 18, 2020

Staying at home

 Well, we're settling in.  Taking many cues from last time there was a lockdown, even if the requirements are less stringent this time.  Firstly, we are well stocked up on just about everything.  Will still have to buy perishables, as needed, but will try to limit shopping to once per week.  The sourdough starter is at day 6 now, and showing signs of being ready to use.  We can't get multigrain flour so will have to stick with whole wheat.  I also plan to use the recipe for sourdough biscuits that we found, and make them to go with the turkey soup we have in the freezer.  Maybe I'll be able to make some of the oatmeal bread that I enjoyed last time, but I have to remember that there was a reason that I gained weight during the lockdown.

I attended the Zoom meeting Friday night and now notice that there is a follow-up this Friday.  This system interests me, and I plan to try it, but without buying any new books or such to use.  I've been watching UTube videos on it, and have ordered the book written by the originator, from the library.  There will be time spent setting it up, but all the information says that one should modify the system to their own needs.  It also sounds as though, once set up, the system will be easy to use, if I establish the habit of using it.  My rationale for even attempting this is that I'm finding my memory slipping more often these days.  I've relied on a really, really good memory all my life, and losing it makes me scared.  This is also a system designed to increase ones productivity.  That would be a real bonus to me.

In the meantime, I amuse myself watching the Juncos in the yard.  Yes, they're back again, and that means winter is about to arrive.  My brain and my cold feet are starting to ask whether it's time for the duvet.  That is always a critical time in my life as it means that I'm accepting the inevitability of winter.

Not much activity in the studio, although the EPP continues at a good rate. I'm getting a better idea  of how many "squares" I need to make, and the number is scary--25-30, plus partial squares to fill in the openings between "square' on the edges.  As you can see, 11 squares fill about half of my design wall, so I estimate I will need as least twice as many to cover a queen bed.  I have more than enough quilts for twin beds.



That I'm getting on so quickly with this tells me that I'm watching a lot more tv than I have in the past.  This means less time spent working in the studio, and this is not a good thing.  I'm somewhat hoping that this Bullet Journaling thing might help with that.  We'll see.

My recent clothing purchases were also driven by the obvious age of most of what I have.  Many of my tops are at least 5 years old, some double that, as were my socks.  I'm loving my  new socks, and fully expect to get  more, as I don't have enough to last the week.

Lunch time.  Better move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment