Friday, October 23, 2020

Oh my gosh, Friday again..

 The end of another week and in thinking of accomplishments, my list is scant. We did visit family though on Tuesday and that was worth the day. But with rain most days this week, virtually nothing was done outside. 

Trying to assimilate the 2 new kittens and one cat into the general population yesterday was a total disaster and without going into too much detail, I lost one of my birds in a cage turnover in the bathroom while I was in the front room trying to cover the other cages. All due to the "wild" cats running around. I was devastated. Should not have happened. I had had the bathroom door closed but somehow (and we will not get into how this happened either) the door was left open and sure enough one of the cages was attacked resulting in a bird getting loose and being killed. It was not a happy scene here. I shall only hope that today will be better but my track record does not point to any improvement haha! The one hopeful thought though is that we shall not celebrate Hallowe'en next weekend. The lights will go out and no offerings of goodies will take place. The best part of this plan is that I do not have to go down to the storage units and bring back the boxes of decorations and ornaments that I usually have to decorate the yard. Each year I would get compliments from the people coming into the yard which made me feel the effort was worth it, but the time and energy setting up and then taking down is not anymore.

So I shall go now and make my coffee and get on with the day. Have a nice weekend folks. Still not nice "out there" with all this Covid 19 so take care of yourselves, please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment